Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Be Still My Beating Heart


I love Costco. It's not that the goods are super cheap or the employees are super nice, (although they do hand out lots of samples--yum!) the fact is, we shop at Costco because it's fun! It's always fun to see what random things they will have for sale, you know they will be good quality because it's Costco, and there are never too many options to choose from.

When we stayed in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for a month or so (due to Austin's job) we rented a vacation home where I first met the glass bowls pictured above. My love for them grew as I used them over the next few weeks. You can store food in them easily because of the lids. You can see what's in them in the fridge without opening them. You can microwave in them and not worry about getting cancer from Tupperware. There are lots of cute little bowls for all the random little leftovers from meals and BEST OF ALL when you cook with them you feel like you are on a cooking show!

For example, when I would make soup for dinner I would chop up all my veggies earlier in the day, put each veggie pile in its classy glass bowl, and then assemble the meal in a quick 5 minutes with the help of my admiring assistant Sammy, all the while keeping up a steady stream of pleasing and witty small talk. And the fans went wild!

It was pretty fun. Since everything else in the house came from Costco I assumed the bowls did too, so I've been keeping my eyes open for these sweet babies on our various Costco runs. Once they had them with puke green lids instead of vibrant red ones. Pass. Would Rachael Ray cook with those? Anyway, I dodged down the cookware aisle in Costco on Monday to avoid making eye contact with Air Duct Demonstration Man and there they were! Manna from heaven, Luminarc glass bowls. You too could be a star. Buy the bowls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment