Saturday, January 2, 2016

The First Annual New Year's Writing Retreat


Hello! I'm just finishing up the First Annual New Year's Writing Retreat, attendance of 1. As it so happens, we needed a one-night stay at a Holiday Inn Express in order to earn enough points for three nights worth of stays, and I bravely volunteered for the job.

As part of the retreat experience, I went to Barnes and Noble and found a book I've been wanting, (fighting through hordes of people who got gift cards for Christmas and wanted to use them) wandered around a few stores I've been wanting to check out and almost bought this:

Superior Owl: He thinks he's better than everyone else.

Ate not one, but two hamburgers at In-n-Out, read the book I bought, watched some HGTV while reading my book, used not one, but two towels after showering, and ate a nice breakfast I didn't have to fix.

Austin sent me this cute picture:



And I almost went home because I wanted to see my cute kids and it was too quiet in a hotel room by myself. I thought I might get made fun of though, as I frequently whine about needing a break.

The best part of my whole experience was lining up my writing project for the year, which I shall reveal to you shortly. My New Year's goal this year is to write at least one hour a day, so I'll let you know how that goes too. (Research shows that you're more likely to keep resolutions if you share them with others)!

Was my retreat a success? Yes! Admittedly, there was more "retreat"ing than writing, but I don't really see that as a negative. I got a clear handle on my goals for the upcoming year and I'm excited to see how it progresses. Here's to 2016!

0 comments:

Post a Comment