Friday, November 20, 2009

Hallelujah


I'm not sure what to post today. Last night I found a babysitteer and went to "Girl's Night Out" with nine or ten other ladies from church. It was a great evening, with good food and good company. The only sour note was when I brought up that Sarah Palin was coming to our town. I just thought it was interesting--I don't care much one way or the other when it comes to Sarah Palin--but everyone else seemed really excited about it. One lady took this as permission to tell an Obama joke as seen on a billboard in Texas...should have stopped her there. I could tell we all thought it was rude instead of funny so no one laughed or really said anything afterwards. Awkward! I should have paid attention to that "no politics" rule I learned at the etiquette dinner the other night.
On a random yet upbeat note, I have kicked off the Christmas season with the Hallelujah Chorus! I know it's still early but I'm a little lonely today with the husband gone. And now for yet another excellent tradition--afternoon nap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment