Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lofty Goals




I started out my new year by calling our dentist's office and demanding to know why the email I got from them said my appointment was on the 13th. The receptionist calmly explained that the 13th was a Sunday, at which point I realized I was looking at the year part of the date. I could tell she thought I was a total idiot, but I take solace in the knowledge that she said her name was Eunice (I think).  And on that note, Kellie, here's my Bucket List.

Carve something

Okay, I don't really want to carve something. I just want to buy a fertility goddess. No, I haven't gone over the crunchy natural-world cliff, I just love the way a pregnant woman's body looks--it is the embodiment of true womanly sexuality. I equally hate how uncomfortable and dowdy many pregnancy clothes are. If it were 76 degrees warmer here and it were socially acceptable to wander about without clothes on, I would be all for that. But since neither of those things are happening, I want a naked statue. I guess I just want to remind myself I am beautiful. ??? To be honest, I'm not really sure where this is coming from, I just know what I want. Unfortuantely, the best one I found on Etsy costs 500 dollars, and isn't even that amazing. Plus, I'm not sure where I would put it in my house. I may have to carve my own statue with one of the 15 pocket knives Austin owns, never uses, but refuses to let me throw away.

Throw away Austin's pocket knives

Just kidding, hon.

Become a gospel scholar

I will read one church-y book a week. That's 52 books. My Utah library has a bunch, so this shouldn't cost me a lot of money. I will blog if I come across anything worthwhile. (This week I'm reading N. Eldon Tanner's biography. I like biographies and people who initialize their first names, so I think it was a good pick.) I'm not very focused with what I want to read, I just want my religion to become a bigger part of my life on a daily basis. I am open to reading suggestions.

Keep track of my spending

This sounds boring, but I'm actually pretty excited about it. When I don't keep track of my spending, I feel guilty when I buy things, because the money's for the whole family and I'm not sure if we really can afford what I'm buying. With my new keeping track goal I am accountable to myself and can save up for the things I really want. So far I've bought a pregnancy yoga DVD and some maternity tops, and I don't feel guilty about spending the money, because I know what percentage of my total household money for the month my things cost.

Have a baby

And get that baby to sleep through the night much, much sooner than Cici.

-----------------------------------------------

And there you have it. I now have physical, mental, creative, and spiritual goals for the year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment